[Land-speed] Gasket Materials...

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Jan 19 09:26:58 MST 2008

I want tomake a pair of dead soft copper header flange gaskets.  I made
my new turbo headers and now cannot find solid copper gaskets for them.
Flatout Gaskets will make them for me if I pay them $75 up front to
build a dxf  cad file. But, for that kind of money, I can make my
own,eh? So I need some flat copper sheet about 2 inches wide and about 4
ft long to give me some wiggle room during fab.

Anybvody have a source for the copper? Heck, maybe I should be talking
to the Chinese as they sem to be buying all the metals nowadays

.Would dead soft aluminum also work? Might be easier and cheaper to find.