[Land-speed] TV Barrett-Jackson

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Fri Jan 18 19:11:01 MST 2008

Doug
The writer's strike drags on, but this scab is  bustin' the line to the keyboard.....
-  I'm with you all the way on Barrett Jackson. I watched for a while this evening only because my lucky-ass'ed brother in law was on stage bidding on a jukebox  409 powered Imp ragtop with an overly done electric blue paint job. He must have  finally heard me screaming  at him to get out of it before he actually had to write the big check and  drive it three miles back to his house in Cave Creek only to suffer from buyers remorse and wife-rage.
- ESPN has been airing re-runs of NHRA old national meets, and I've stockpiled a goodly  supply of PowerBlock on TIVO, although,  with the possible exception of Muscle Car, it's turning into a bigger infomercial than Two Idiots Garage.
 How about NOPI Vision? It's a lot  like reading Playboy - watch it strictly for the racing, and channel surf while the NOPI chicks are on stage..... that's my story and I'm sticking to it....
- So., is  there   any discernable  difference between Hillary, Obama  and old NASCAR  races?   All three go hard to the left,  charge way too much for lousy food,  and  no matter how many times they run, the race is a big yawn, and the outcome's exactly the same...
And, before I go, as if anyone's  still reading this stuff....
- How  can you  possibly inisinuate that Bob "Excuse me, Steve, but could you teach me something about cars real quick before we  go to the break" Varsha,  an erudite,  self-professed  all-American car guy, an   Eli  with a foreign language degree and clean nails, a guy  who started out as a lawyer  and  moved right into big-time "racing"  (as the voice of the Boston and NY marathons...)   couldn't build a car without a checkbook?  Come, now.
- It's common knowledge in the Phoenix underground that  his   clone,  Alain deCaternay, didn't make it this year because he's on sabatical overseeing a killer build car WITHOUT resorting to a checkbook, having cashed  in a pound of Kruggerands to get the job done on time and exactly on budget.
-    I'd love to see thought bubbles over Magnante's head saying what he REALLY  thinks of the questions that get tossed his way....
Nite-all
time to hit the shop and split the tractor in half  for a lousy $40 clutch disk....
Mark C