[Land-speed] I/Gas Coupe

Mike Lackey mike_lackey at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 08:50:05 MST 2008

I've posted a little bit about it before, but not a whole lot.

The car is a RWD '86 Toyota Corolla.  I've had the idea in my head that a motorcycle engine would work well in a small car after seeing some Legends cars at my dad's track many years ago.  So, I'm just starting to put in a 2001 Yamaha R1 engine.  I'm starting with the engine swap and once I have determined that it will work like I expect it to, I will start the long road of meeting all the safety rules.

I'm on a pretty tight budget, but I think I'll be able to manage just fine.  The earliest I could have it ready would be 2009, and that's what I'm aiming at for right now.

Mike