[Land-speed] Strength Question

Bobbyhotrods at comcast.net Bobbyhotrods at comcast.net
Sun Jan 6 12:55:09 MST 2008

My motor man has scared me with stories of what falls off 4 cylinder race cars due to vibrations.
"They didn't stop racing Offys because they didn't make enough power, they stopped because the cars would break before the race ended".
In that regard I am strengthening everything hanging off my motor. My question in particular regards the strengthening of a big bracket that holds my icewater intercooler off the front of the motor. It's held there with stout 3.5" bushings over thru studs screwed into the cast iron head.
Would it be stronger if the bushings were welded to the bracket, or am I thinking too much?
Thanks, BJ in Beantown