[Land-speed] Helmet SIde Support Qs

Bryan Savage b.a.savage at wildblue.net
Fri Feb 22 17:53:58 MST 2008

Mayf,
I would first call the Manufacturer of your helmet and see if they
have any ideas.

I would like a 2" wide 3/16 or 1/4 inch bar, depending on the length.
Position vertically so that it contacts the helmet at the CG of the
head - helmet assembly.
Cover that with the hard foam that is used in helmets, between
the shell and the softer padding. Cover this with 1/2 inch or more of SFI.

Tom Burkland pointed out to me that, first you must survive the crash,
then you worry about all of the other stuff. That sounded reasonable to me.

Just my opinion's,
Bryan