[Land-speed] New Land Speed Contender

Ray Buck rbuck at xmission.com
Thu Feb 21 21:15:50 MST 2008

Woops!  Belay that order.  It's called the TIV (Tornado Intercept
Vehicle {Mk I...more or less}) and was built for the IMAX filming
outfit.  Sposeta be a movie released this year about their adventures.

Ray (the mind-boggled) Rat
(I been playin the same piece on the piano for an hour straight tryin
to get it right.  Musta warped what's left of the brain.  I think I'm
a idjit for takin up piano playin at the age of 60.  But I started
playin bass at 57, so what the heck, huh?)

Ahhh, yes.  Mayf clued me in and then it came back.  Mind like a steel sieve.

It was built as a tornado chaser.  Here's a link to a writeup on it
and a coupla other chase vehicles (it's called IMAX):
http://www.hprcc.unl.edu/nebraska/tornado-intercept-vehicles.html

I love gettin old and forgetting what I already forgot.  I think.

RtR