[Land-speed] NASCAR non-LSR

Glen Barrett speedtimer at beyondbb.com
Mon Feb 11 20:12:37 MST 2008

In the beginning the speeds on the drag strips were measured with a 132 foot
timing trap. This would be 66' on each side of the 1/4 mile finish line that
is used for elapsed time only. A few years back NHRA took out the last 66 '
and measure the speed to the finish line at the 1/4 mile to this day. One
reason was the faster cars were staying under power past the last 66' feet
and were having trouble stopping on the shorter courses.So now the ET and
speed are measured at the end.
Glen