[Land-speed] NASCAR non-LSR

James Tone gmc6power at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 11 16:09:59 MST 2008

It's obvious that Glen gives out time in speed or MPH. So they are speed trials.

In the far distant past of the SCTA the timing tags had many numbers on them.

The time, in seconds, was over a 1/4 mile piece of dirt and that time was listed on the tag. It was converted to speed and that too was listed.

I believe this way was dropped after the war when the 132 feet was begining to be used. Glen can correct me on this because he was also driving early drag car. They used the 132' but I don't know the exact date. I imagine it might have been at the Santa Ana drags on Eddie Martin Field.

JD

>Don't screw with my mind. It the ET to cover the distance, one mile.
>converted to MPH.or 3600 divided by seconds
>Gb
>

>> Welol, ok, Glen... but why speed? Speed has to be calculated where as time >> does dot. It is teh independent parameter, speed requires another
>> parameter and that is distance. I know, I know, picky picky and having
>> fun...
>>
>> mayf
 Glen Barrett wrote:

I have a plaque on my wall that says.