[Land-speed] Single Cylinder Engine

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Sun Feb 3 12:55:47 MST 2008

   Once you get to those kind of spontaneous-detonation temps,   ignition timing is both moot, and random.  Water/alcohol injection and a direct port timed fuel spray might help, along with a dry ice and nitrous-chilled intercooler and a tunable  counterbalance shaft.
   Actually the big Brit one lunger bikes  - or at least the three  in my in my past  - didn't vibrate;  they just sort of threw themselves around at idle like a  washing machine with a single blanket  then smoothed out to a dull shake.    I did have  a one lung Lister diesel in a sailboat that was a real pile driver - idling out of gear in dead calm, you could feel the boat trying to get away from all the thrashing...