[Land-speed] Dry Sump

Chris Harris yesford at clear.net.nz
Wed Dec 31 23:26:38 MST 2008

Amen Jim,
I agree with all your pointers.

Heard a story, BS or not about a Pro/Stock team dyno testing the bottom end
for least oil windage. Best HP 1380. Then one suggested filling the oil tank
and doing one quick pull with NO PAN !
I figured a slight gain thru no pan cancelled out by lost power from no pan
vacuum. Story goes power jumped to 1420 HP. Less power to drive pump had to
be part of it however...........................didn't catch on. LOL.