[Land-speed] Fw: YAW Control

NT788 at comcast.net NT788 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 11:32:45 MST 2008

Dr
15degrees is to much. Any steering corection will X the traction to the outside drive wheel and and cause badness,even morso when you correct! Caster is for letting go of the wheel in a turn causing it to center. You have a steering wheel to do that! Yes it does contribute at the onset! As soon as traction fails and the car moves sidways ,the driver corrects, and caster causes trouble. Elininate it! You control the car, the car shouldn't control you! Jack

From: drmayf <drmayf at mayfco.com>