[Land-speed] Fw: YAW Control

John Burk joyseydevil at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 03:01:15 MST 2008

Mayf

High performance gliders have a couple of things in common with rear drive
lsr cars . They carry ballast and they work better if they give away
directional stability by moving the cg back to the middle . My glider pilot
friend was thinking of using forwardly sprung ballast that the pilot
triggered at the first sign a flat spin .

Worst case with an unintentional cg shift would be harmless .

John