[Land-speed] Discovery Channel show

Doug Odom dlodom at charter.net
Wed Dec 17 12:55:10 MST 2008

Well, that picture was of my car and my BLOOD from a blow over crash at El
Mirage in 2000. They wanted to show a picture of my face puffed up from the
crash but I refused to sign the release. My face was hurt because the lenses
in my glasses came out and beat my cheeks around enought to make blood come
out of my tear duct. The only sore place on my body was my face. My glasses
were too big and the cheek pads inside the helmet pushed the lenses out of
the frame when my helmet hit the side padding on the roll cage on the first
bounce. I kind of thought it was going to be a blood and guts type show from
the start instead of a racing show.

Doug Odom in big ditch