[Land-speed] Inertia Switch Specs...

John Staiger lsrvette at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 12:01:31 MST 2008

mayf

Interesting questions... I use crossed Mercury switches mounted to the
firewall to fire the chute and kill all electrical systems (pump, ECU,
injectors, etc) in both the 1150 streamliner bike and the Berkeley by tripping
out the master solenoid... adding an inertia switch seems like a good idea...
do automotive inertial switches also trip on an upset? i.e. upside down? or
just inertia (impact)?   also, has anyone played with micro gyros?  I always
wanted to use one of these to trip out the chute if speed > 100 and yawl
greater than 3 degrees... OK a bit over the edge, but those dam electrons are
so much faster than my reflexes...

JLS