[Land-speed] Lake Gairdner and our support.

Keith Turk kturk at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 4 06:16:06 MST 2008

Several Racers from Australia have written me about the mess they are in down
there.. and what they are actually looking for is support for the racing
effort on Lake Gairdner...  I balked at first .... but they've convinced me
that I was wrong and should support the effort... and frankly they are
right...

If World wide support is needed to keep racing at Lake Gairdner then we'd be
remiss in our duties in not supporting it... a simple letter like the one
drafted below is all that is required of us... and it would truly aid them in
showing that they have people around the world that care.

Thank you ... I appreciate the effort it takes to print and send the letter
below...

Keith Turk

26th November,    2008

Hon Jay Weatherill,
Minister for Aboriginal Affairs & Reconciliation,
G.P.O. Box 1047,
Adelaide    S.A.       5001

Dear Sir,

As a supporter and speed trial enthusiast I wish to demonstrate my support
for
the Dry Lakes Racers Australia (DLRA) March Speed Trials.

It is an asset to the State of South Australia and is one of only two
places in the
world (the other being Bonneville, Utah, USA) that is capable of holding
such a
unique event.
This event has attracted an international following through numerous
magazine
and newspaper reports since 1990 and the DLRA (organizers) have gained the
admiration and respect of all competitors and spectators who attend the
event.

You must do all in your power to insure the successful continuation of
this amazing event.

Yours faithfully,