[Land-speed] Stone woods and Cook Gasser...

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Wed Aug 27 16:17:22 MDT 2008

Don Garlits was a fantastic innovator and had supreme drag racing skills,
not only in the driver's seat but throughout the operation of a drag racing
team.  The top fuel dragsters were what turned drag racing from an amateur
hot rodders' sport into a a big time professional racing enterprise.
That's why I'm a landspeed racer.  I voted for Stone Woods Cook because it
was a real car and as near to a real hot rod (IMHO) as any on the voting
list.  Sorry, I just can't get into these media circuses that call
themselves racing......
Ed Weldon