[Land-speed] De-salting revisited

Benn karhu at california.com
Thu Aug 14 10:39:07 MDT 2008

OK, so I spoke this morning by phone with Tracy, wife of owner Kevin (?) of
the coin-operated carwash in West Wendover.  She said that they do NOT recycle
any water; it is all fresh.  If so, there should be no problem using that
approach to removing salt.

However, there is a better partial solution:  leaving most of the salt ON the
salt.  Again, according to Tracy, Kevin will be offering a pressure washer
with fresh water at the end of the road to get the bulk of the salt off the
vehicles before they leave the salt.  As some of you recall (and some with
more than a little irritation), I'd wondered aloud if we had a significant
impact on removing salt just by driving our vehicles on and off the salt.
This is a great way to minimize our impact on the flats.  I know I'll be
availing myself of the service.

Benn

see y'all Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!