[Land-speed] Enine Torque Theoretical Question...

joseph lance jolylance at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 29 13:43:35 MDT 2008

mayf;

 It's and inherent characteristic of valved IC engines--even with
supercharging you still have the inertial effects of stopping and starting
the flow in the ports. Even with infinitely variable valve timing the effect
will still be there. Do a gedanken experiment--imagine the valve frequency
getting higher and higher until the intermittant flow approaches zero due to
inertial effects no matter how much pressure you have in the port.

Lance