[Land-speed] Enine Torque Theoretical Question...

MEIERLE Mike Mike.Meierle at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Apr 29 06:42:44 MDT 2008

 Ford did the same thing to the 4.6 Motor in My Lincoln Mark VIII, you
can really feel the difference when the engine switches from the long
runners to the short runners. And they did that design back in 1993.....

Mike Meierle
#847 F/P/MP
SCTA-BNI/Gear Grinders/Sidewinders/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder

Interestingly enough, mitsubishi has an intake manifold specifically
designed for this purpose. It has 2 sets of intake runners, and at low
RPM it uses a longer runner to increase velocity, and as the flow
increases, the switch is made to the shorter runners. As far as I know
it was only ever put on cars in Japan.