[Land-speed] Fwd: cutting/grinding tools?

Jonathan jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 21:16:21 MDT 2008

Forwarding to list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan <jon.the.wise at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] cutting/grinding tools?
To: Benn <karhu at california.com>

To make my low hp compressor handle the air tools better, I simply hoooked
it to a bigger tank. I have a 6 gallon compressor tank with a 2 horse
compressor motor. When I need to use high speed tools, I hook it up to a 300
gallon tank (it has a big 2-stage compressor, but there's no motor, one day
we'll get around to fixing that) we have, and turn it on. Takes a while to
fill up, but once it's done, I've got about 15-20 minutes of grinding (with
the compressor doing it's best to refill) before I run out of volume again.
Might not be the best option, but if you can find a good size air tank
cheap...

~Jon

I would suppose the pros use airgrinders, but I found some years ago

--
~Jon