[Land-speed] Enine Torque Theoretical Question...

joseph lance jolylance at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 28 14:54:54 MDT 2008

What would a vortex generator accomplish?
Might just take energy out of the flow and have a negative effect on VE.

There is always acoustic tuning (of the combined port and stack length) to
provide a pressure pulse peak at the back side of the intake valve at the
moment it opens.  But, if I remember some of the math correctly, the optimum
acoustically tuned length decreases as frequency (RPM) increases, so at very
high RPM just the port length alone may be too long for acoustic tuning.

Wonder what the 18,000 RPM F1 engine designers do about this ?  Probably use
very expensive Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis tools.

Lance