[Land-speed] formula Holden ignition

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Sat Apr 26 07:43:42 MDT 2008

I have in the shop a Buick v-6 well a Holden to be more specific and for the
life of me can not figure out what ignition module to buy for it. It has a
dead magnavox type one on it now and want to use delco type module instead.
It has a dual hall effect sensor on the crank with 2 trigger rings. one has
18 teeth and the other 3. I even have a wiring diagram LOL but that has no
module number either. It has no cam sensor also. I think my choices are in
Standard Ignition part numbers either a LX348 or a LX 364 they look
identical but do not know the trigger pattern they are expecting. Posibly
both the same pattern for all I know. Calling Standard Ignition to as I
think will be a waste of time I know calling Echlin was, kind of like
teaching geometry to a dog, it looks interested but does not understand a
word you are saying..LOL.. The local Buick Pontiac dealer was an equal waste
of time as well. If anyone has any ideas at all I could really use some help
here.
Dave