[Land-speed] Radiator Catch Cans...

Doug Odom dlodom at charter.net
Wed Apr 16 22:22:01 MDT 2008

The overflow tank must be vented. If you want to recover the water that is
pushed out from expansion the hose from the motor must be below the level in
the tank. Recovery systems must use a recovery type rad. cap. There are 2
rubber seals on the recovery type cap. As the motor cools it pulls the water
back passed the flapper valve in the cap. The flapper valve works like a one
way valve. Set up correctly the system will burp the air out and the system
will be 100% coolant if you don't open it. If you ever see a car with the
hoses sucked together it is because the flapper valve is not working. My
wifes car years ago had that happen.
Doug Odom in big ditch