[Land-speed] Engine Analyzer Software

neil at dbelltech.com neil at dbelltech.com
Sat Apr 12 16:01:34 MDT 2008

Elon;

Thanks for the reference to DynoSim. I went to their website and took a
look; I even downloaded their instruction manual and learned a bit about
what the software assumes and what is analyzed and what is not. The DynoSim
software looks VERY similar to Dyno 2003; I wonder if it was developed by
the same people.

I did find out why the tunnel ram manifold looked like a stack injector
system-- this is from their manual:

"The tunnel-ram selections in the DynoSim can also accurately model
fuel-injection systems with medium-to-large, individual stacks. Strictly
speaking, while the simulation reproduces the effects of short runners and a
large-volume plenum, this design also mimics short injector stacks that open
to the atmosphere. For one-barrel-per cylinder Weber carburetion or
very-small-diameter, individual-injector systems, use the Individual Runner
manifold described next. However, for medium-to-large-diameter injectors,
like Hillborn or Crower systems, the Standard and Max. Custom tunnel-ram
manifold models-along with the appropriate airflow selection (for all
cylinders combined)-provides an accurate induction simulation."

My simulation results make more sense now that I know this.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ