[Land-speed] Maxton/Laurinburg 1944

Glen Barrett speedtimer at beyondbb.com
Fri Sep 28 18:40:34 MDT 2007

When we moved back to California after WW-II (yeah I'm that old) they had
glider training off of  Redondo Beach. They would tow the gliders with a
winch down the hill side and release them over the cliffs of Redondo and
they updraft/thermals would give them the lift to fly around and later land
on the beach. They would remove the wings and trailer them back up the hill.
This was around 1945.
Glen