[Land-speed] Superstreet bike/Maxton this weekend.

Keith Turk kturk at ala.net
Mon Sep 24 19:42:38 MDT 2007

We had an incredible weekend of racing at Maxton...  Hot weather... fast bikes
and some Very fun cars...  how bout a Crosley engine in a lakester? ( 67mph
)... run by 5 older fella's that had WAY to much fun... ( those guys are gonna
get their entry fee bumped up to cover the fun they had... it was that bad )
A couple of brothers brought their Datsun roadster and ran against each other
in the 103 to 105 range... ( again we gotta double these guys fee's )

The bikes were competing not only with us but they were also running for
jackets in the Super Streetbike Top Speed challenge... and the outcome was a
bit surprising... Walt Kudron ran a wicked 244mph against Rich Yancy's bud
bike's 236mph,  Debbie Dross was also back from her collar bone injury and did
a ton of pass's in the late 180's....  ( awesome display of both riding and
courage )

Hmmm 99 entry's...around 600 runs,  253 new members so far this year... and
simply a great time ...