[Land-speed] NON LSR---Border Rant re-ranted

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:21:06 MDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 1:03 PM, John Thornton wrote:

> Tom Bryant wrote:
>> Illegals are a problem, period!
>>
>> Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC
>>

> Your writing this does not make it so, period!
> They are a problem to YOU not to the country as a whole.
>
> John Thornton

Unfortunately, that's incorrect. Illegals put a burden on our entire
system. Not saying that our system is any good. That's another
problem, but unrelated to illegals.

See, what happens, is they come here, and they get a bunch of under
the table type jobs, and then start using services, like the
Emergency room and such, and misc other public services, but they
don't pay any taxes. They get caught, they're deported home and have
to come back again. There's no reason for them not to.

The thing is, the USA is a melting pot... Our immigration plan should
work like a melting pot, where you add some shavings, and they melt
into the mix, you get them immigrants speaking english, and learning
some of the culture before you add more, otherwise they just make
their own little communities. That's what's happening today, just
like if you threw a bunch of several pound blocks into a melting pot,
instead of the shavings... they're not going to melt down and
conform, so really, the problem isn't that we have immigrants, or
even that we have illegal immigrants... it's just that we have too
many coming at once, and we can't absorb them into the communities we
already have. It's not our problem, it's every other person that
wants to immigrates problem. Sorta like the fire marshall putting a
max occupancy sign on the door of a building... it's not that he's
trying to keep people out, it's just that the facility can only
handle so much. But it's our facility, and so it's an issue that
needs to be addressed by us, so we can allow more immigrants.

Watch this simple example: <http://video.google.com/videoplay?
docid=4094926727128068265>

~Jon