[Land-speed] speed record

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:00:32 MDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 9:52 AM, Glen Barrett wrote:

> Fox news has a video tape of a mountain biker on a 45 degree down
> hill in the
> snow over a measured mile at 130 mph. Didn't say if it was a timed
> mile or a
> time trap at the end. At least it was white stuff but not flat
> Glen

For what it's worth, I ride mountain bikes, and there's NO WAY you're
getting me going that fast on a bike... I don't care if it's snow or
high density foam or goose down, when you wipe out on a mountain
bike, downhill, it's usually (for me) the front tire that causes
it...  this leads to me hurdling the bike and outrunning it as it
crashes to the ground... better hope you can fly at them speeds. I'll
pass.

~Jon