[Land-speed] Coddington's 1927 T Roadster build on TLC

Chris R Harris yesford at clear.net.nz
Wed Sep 19 16:58:30 MDT 2007

Bob, I thought the same many episodes back when they sourced an incredibly perfect 'T' coupe in running condition that
in all honesty looked 10 years old. It too was unceremoniously hacked up despite objection by some of his men. Glass
versions in both cases readily available and acceptable under the rules if an accurate copy.
I don't agree with cutting up good condition, now rare examples if glass alternatives exist for that purpose.
Chris Harris,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NZed.

Last Thursday they showed the start of the build on the Coddington '27 T
roadster on American Hot Rod. Like most Coddington builds he started with a 100%
stock complete car, and only kept the body. After much cutting and hacking he
had a cowl section, new fabed doors from flat stock and the turtle deck. My
question is would the rules have allowed him to use a fiberglass body so the T
could be saved for a restoration or Hot Rod build? Bob in connecticut