[Land-speed] Trailer Maintenance

John Staiger lsrvette at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 12:23:49 MDT 2007

Ok, when is it allowable (actually required) to over inflate trailer tires
by 10psi above the max. load psi rating on the sidewall?   I was very
surprised to find out that almost all 'ST' marked trailer tires have this
requirement to maintain their load rating for what I will call 'normal (65 -
75MPH) highway driving (OK, don't beat me up for running fast - it's not the
point of this thread).

Don't believe me? Check this link out ->
http://www.goodyear.com/rv/pdf/marathon_gen_info_032806.pdf

Apparently I have been living in the dark for many years.  Am I the only one
who did not know this?

JLS