[Land-speed] non-lsr Shelby sets Guinness world speed record 255.83 Tri-City Herald: Mid-Columbia news

drmayf drmayf at mayfco.com
Sat Sep 15 13:37:41 MDT 2007

Dale H Pulju wrote:

>http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/local/story/9301484p-9215967c.html
>
>interesting technology
>dale
>on way to Vegas today in pahrump

What is interessting is that they used GPS to determine speed. Nor did
it state that it was over a given trap distance. I suspect that this
puppy hit it's top speed and then decelerated. I would like to see this
and the bug on the salt flats. I suspect that going for a full mile or
more at full boogie would be hard for either of them to do. Thoughts?
Anybody on the list witness this?