[Land-speed] Fast Women comment-ary

ifixmgs at cox.net ifixmgs at cox.net
Sun Sep 9 07:27:43 MDT 2007

 Dale,
That red-inked  "Cherry Picker's Heaven" comment was backed up by Go Daddy hisself,  but  even if the bike was set up and ready for a  monkey to bust the record, all it takes is one more knot of wind to close the course, or one little bump in the wrong place to ruin a whole day.   And, as proven so many times before, the big bad corporate wolves  waving  checkbooks  don't always blow the records from the  tightly clasped hands of the little guys.

It was  the comment from "Hackasaw" about "kids regularly bustin' 160" that showed  ignorance of what it takes to earn a record.  Anyone   can draw a killer  poker hand  once in a while - but the odds zilch against drawing two royal flushes in a row.  Sure, I could hop on my son's 'Busa and hit a buck sixty and let off the throttle....   But would I (or any number of us)  want to hang on to a two wheeled wobble-rocket for a whole mile on damp salt, twice?   Hmmm.... not me.
I especially  liked the comment    "It must be a truly heavy burden, being the official corrector for the whole of a mistaken mankind.."   might even try that one out on a certain 'throw you under the bus" coworker....
Mark C
at the edge of the Great Dizmal Swamp