[Land-speed] Doins

dan warner dwarner230 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 11:52:20 MDT 2007

Sparky,

  What you didn't know was that Paul came to impound after you left, plugged in the laptop and finally said "thats 290". Folded up the laptop and went to dinner. I know because the crew drnnk my Miller Lite while Paul was working.

  I don't just check 'em in, I stay till then end of the day and know almost as many secrets as Jack D.

  DW

Sparky <sparky.2211 at cox.net> wrote:
  Rats update!

After a Strange Speedweek that included:

1. not being to stay lit on push truck
2 a save by Paul Powells magic fingers on the ECU programing
3 getting Blown of the race coarse at 260 and sent back to inspection for it
4. Qualifying at 276 on a 267 record and getting to visit and spend the nighrt
with "HIS HONOR"-- Mayor of Impound-- DW !
5 getting to try to BACK UP on a new "green" track and overdriving what was
there---spining at 250 and bending the Tail feathers, "Side
ways but not AROUND'---(yeah they work)---it had been pointed out that they
before that they were were not HD enough before it happened.
6 getting Skip and my record bumped to 271

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. the front axel and steering has been redone
2. The frame is being extended to the end of the car
3. The chutes will now be attached at the back of the car and not in the
"chute cans"
4. am adding 400# of lead at the back to help with traction on a less than
perfect track and moving the cooling tank back will put more weight on rear
axel---may add winglets to frt to ofset frt axel weight difference
5. removed the "Spool" ie-- welded spider gears--nobody makes a spool for the
Caddy 2.28 gears
6. installed 4 link to try to get more traction to off set the car being
probabaly 500# heavier.
7. Also the Fin will have a much stronger vertical bar

6. Praying I can get it all finished by WF
Sparky
AA/_ L 2211
dwarner230 at yahoo.com

Land-speed mailing list

Started 62nd, first to finish - PRC Reliability Run '07