[Land-speed] Steve Fosset Missing

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 23:20:18 MDT 2007

Ed -- Sure.  On Google Earth I can see the Black Rock area stretches out about
100 miles from Northeast to Southwast.  Lots of surface there to look at.
Midway from there to Winnemuca there are a couple of dry lakes that measure in
the 6-7 mile range.  But that's about all.
I gottta believe Steve did his homework on this before he left.  There's an
airport at Winnemuca about 80 or so miles east so he could have lingered a
long time over Black Rock before dropping in there to refuel.
Ed