[Land-speed] tire plugs What about Fix a Flat ?

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:08:42 MDT 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 9:07 AM, Dale Krumheuer wrote:

> Haven't tried the green stuff, I heard that the green stuff is
> basically anti freeze. The Fix a Flat is the emergency roadside
> stuff, that can inflate your tire and uhhh fix a flat.

I've never used slime in any of my cars or trucks, but I swear by the
stuff in my tractors and bicycles! I live in the Sierras and like
trail riding, so I pick up quite a few thorns in my tires, and all I
have to do is pull them out, you see a quick dot of green come
through the hole, and it's sealed, just that fast. At home I have
issues with nails and occasional glass (the people I got the place
from used to bury trash in the '80s) same thing, spot of green and
it's sealed. But those are both semi low speed applications (I rarely
get over 35 on my bike, that's with a good tailwind, downhill,
probably never hit 20 on the tractors.)

~Jon