[Land-speed] Marmons & Mormons>From>Jim McNaul

jgmagoo at comcast.net jgmagoo at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 17:38:17 MDT 2007

Many thanks to Glen, Wester, Kieth and Ed, for setting me straight!

I somehow thought the 2007 Pebble Beach winner was manufactured by the MARMON Automobile Company (1903 to 1933 - makers of the 'Marmon Wasp' - first Indy 500 winner) and people were mis-spelling the name MORMON (the religion).

Now I get it!   The thing was made by Dusenberg (in 1935) and named  "The Mormon Meteor" due to the Ab Jenkins / Mormon / salt flats connection.

Learning every day!!...and loving it!   ;o)

Jim