[Land-speed] Trailer tires?

Ed Weldon 23.weldon at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 10:02:22 MDT 2007

Give some thought to the weights of all the stuff you bring along on these
outings.  I have an old spring type bathroom scale in the shop that lives
under one of the tool boxes.  When I want to weigh something I pick it up
and go weigh myself. Then I put it down and subtract my empty handed weight.
For small items I have an old 25 pound baby scale.
My next trailer is going to be a serious light weight so I can pull it with
my everyday driver.  In planning I've estimated that I can get down to
around 500 pounds of extra stuff to support my modest street roadster
project on a trip to Bonneville.  This line of thinking could certainly be
applied to any size project from a 50cc bike to a corporate sponsored
streamliner.
Ed Weldon