[Land-speed] Burns

Bobbyhotrods at comcast.net Bobbyhotrods at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 16:23:54 MST 2007

I can't beat Bwana's, but  years ago I attended a Fuel Altered show at New England Dragway. I was in the crowded grandstand down at "the big end" when a car spit out some rods in the lights. Gees if an attendant didn't run out onto the tarmac to pick up some pieces with his bare hand! Yours truly, at the perfect comedic moment, yelled out what thousands of spectators were thinking, "HEY, THAT'S HOT!".
Too late, the poor guy had them all laughing as he dropped the bits and tried to shake the heat off his hand.....