[Land-speed] shop comments sorta... ( no LSR )...

BWANA343 at aol.com BWANA343 at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 15:37:44 MST 2007

In a message dated 10/30/2007 9:53:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kturk at ala.net writes:

So there  you go...  Life continues to be Good...

Keith ( 20  days  without Nicotine )

First, congradulations! You Da Man !!

My stupid burn story is not Car related but dumb enough to be  entertaining.
I was doing reserve duty after my two years of active duty with the  Army in
Fort Drum NY in 1967. I had the opportunity to fire a Browning Automatic
Rifle ,(BAR), and naturally showed off to the reservists and guardsmen watching
by firing off a full clip, from the shoulder with this very heavy beast. I then
 put the thing down, butt first, and promptly absentmindedly grabbed  the
really hot barrel with my bare right hand. I rapidly decided this was  not the
proper place to grasp the thing and removed same. My hand was stuck in  the
thumb touches fore finger position for a good week after. This was very  handy
(pun) for drinking bottled beer, shifting a four speed, or other manly  pastimes,
but otherwise usually inconvenient.
 Bob, never ever did anything stoopid  again,either,W