[Land-speed] Dave Frieburger

Keith Turk kturk at ala.net
Sat Oct 27 02:22:36 MDT 2007

David and I have  been good friends for many years...  actually since before
he was the editor of Hot Rod...  Trust me he hates Shit box Ricers... always
has... always will...  To see him admit that they have value wouldn't
surprise me thou... so I'm sure you can dig out a single line of print
somewhere where David admits that "Kids of March 2001 dig Ricers and we
can't fix it".

One of the most significant reasons David and I have gotten along is that we
both really dig cars...  ALL cars... trucks... bikes... and yeah there are
some shit box ricers that fall into the "car" category...  Anything that
performs...  ( BOB... who loves you ? )  If you have a Honda that runs
170mph at Maxton... or 136 on the motor ( Tim Schoney )...  those are cars
that folks have whittled on quite a bit... it takes Real Hot rodding to make
those kind of numbers happen...  Like that Model A running 102 this
weekend... David was tickled when I told him about it... as well as the
first roadster to run 200...

Since David's been in charge we've had land speed racing and Hot rodding in
spades... not just from a writers perspective... but from an actual car
guy... a person who knows one end of a wrench from the other and who can
actually Drive a race car... ( and spin like a ballerina... ( and No, I
don't care how they spell it )...

So if you haven't been reading them.... it's your loss...

Keith