[Land-speed] Oct meet

Scott Cowle SCowle at mentorcollege.edu
Tue Oct 23 08:49:18 MDT 2007

As near as I can tell Sparky, the rad cap backed off to the point where once
it built up pressure it released it all at once and the air filter for the
supercharger is right in line with it.I think the engine ingested a large
amount of fluid all at once.When I took the filter off there was a puddle of
fluid in the intake pipe leading to the supercharger.I do not know yet but
maybe the engine experienced a hydraulic lock in two of the cylinders and
broke pistons or bent rods but one cylinder had no compression at all, so I
did not bother to test the other-I knew I was done. At first I thought I had
left the cap undone but upon inspection I realized the cap was not clamping
onto the rad tightly enough and vibration may very well have backed it off
enough to cause the disaster we experienced .But we live and learn and next
time before each run Jim and I are going to do a thorough inspection of the
little things to try and avoid a repeat of this. We will be back asap. Scott

>>> "Sparky" <sparky.2211 at cox.net> 10/23/2007 10:13:41 AM >>>
Scott,  Will you please share what happened---inquiring minds would like to
      Sparky
AA/_ L  2211