[Land-speed] Surgery

Tom Bryant saltracer at awwwsome.com
Thu Oct 18 13:00:21 MDT 2007

Hello to all,

I have been away from my office computer (that is where my email reside)
since Monday AM so I am not up to speed on the happenings.  I gather from a
couple of recent emails that Glen has had or is scheduled for knee surgery.
Just be sure that all will go well. It makes you a new man. I had a
replacement at the end of January and took up walking as exercise for the
first time in fifteen years. It doesn't fix everything, however.

A couple of months ago, I had low back pain which ran down my right leg.
Went to the chiropractor for four adjustments, all the while hustling to get
the car back together, the pain went away but my legs were very weak. During
a scheduled follow up visit to my doctor Wednesday the 10th for my blood
pressure, I mention the weakness in my legs. He checked my legs for reflex,
there was none in my right leg...a MRI that PM, an appointment with the back
doctor Monday AM and emergency surgery Monday PM. The urgency  with which
they moved was a bit scary, but wasn't as bad as they thought. A herniated
disc and a tear in the tissue which looked like a ruputured disc in the MRI.
They repaired the disc, removed a vascular mass and a blood clot.

I came home Wednesday morning feeling great, the prognosis is good, just can
t drive for six to eight weeks and must limit my lifting to ten pounds for
at least six months and be careful after that.

If that isn't enough, Margaret is recovering from surgery about a month ago
to repair a couple of tears in a knee ligament . Now she goes to surgery
next Thursday to fix a detach bicep ligament in her right arm. This is the
same injury that Barry and Dan have experienced during the last two years..
Must be in her family genes!

I didn't intend to get long winded, just want everyone to know why I may not
be too responsive for a while. While in the hospital yesterday, I wrote my
WOS and WF report for the web site and will be posting them as soon as I can
make it to the office.

Tom, Redding CA  #216 D/FCC (Life is good!)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of faint_grain.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of elephant_en.gif]