[Land-speed] Ford Tri-Motor-non LSR

wester6935 at comcast.net wester6935 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 08:16:53 MDT 2007

Check this out.  ...  http://www.ipass.net/ginkgo/N9612home.html

I have a photo of my dad standing by a Ford Tri Motor he rode in at the Grand Canyon airport near the north rim.  He painted a sign with cartoon cowboys on it for the owner of the small trading post there.  The owner's name was Hayden "Hades" Church if I remember correctly.  The sign was still there when mom and a couple of close friends of dad's took me there in 1940, four years after dad's death.  I conned Hades out of a turquoise and silver ring (and embarrassed my mother no end) that I still have and treasure.  Long story.

Wes