[Land-speed] Not LSR: 1932 Ford project for sale

Matt Ferrari market at gammasports.com
Fri Oct 12 12:12:51 MDT 2007

Hi. I hope that posting Ebay links is OK. I looked around and didn't see
any instructions not to, and I need all the help I can get.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250172875313[/url]

[IMG]http://shutter14.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/11/005/36/5F/FA/30/HCexE82oqGSVnHRHAHJBaMuDh03vNMGA0300.jpg[/IMG]

I need to sell my 1932 Ford project. I purchased it from a local
hotrodder who had removed its very cherry body for use with a modern
built chassis. I then spent some time cleaning the original chassis up
and getting individual components working. The engine is an early 221
cubic inch 21-stud flathead with a nice Stromberg 97 carburetor. I don't
believe the engine has the 1932 petcocks. (Someone told me it might be
an "LB" engine, but I can't confirm this.) The engine runs great, and
the fuel pump works well. The Ford green paint you see in the
photographs might very well be original. The headers seem original and
are currently hooked up to a Smithy muffler to keep the neighbors
happy.

I purchased and installed a brand new Walker radiator. I also installed
a Brookville real steel grille surround on the radiator. I've only run
the engine for a short period of time, but the waterpumps seem to work
fine, and the coolant likes nice and doesn't contain debris. I said it
before, but I should say it again: the engine runs great.

The firewall is in exceptionally nice shape, very solid with no rust
and good paint. The original insulation is on the passenger compartment
side, and the 1932 style engine-turned dash insert and supports are
included.

I reassembled the steering box and adjusted it, but did not fill it
with lubricant. The steering column itself is from a 33 or 34 and is
something like an inch longer than a 32 column. The steering wheel is
original. Shocks are very clean and look original.

The transmission is the orignal 3-speed. It seems to work fine. The
clutch works well. The banjo rear end seems fine.

The mechanical brakes are original and work well. They seem to be
properly adjusted, although I didn't do the work. The parking brake will
hold the car on a surprisingly steep slope. The car comes with 5 straw
yellow wheels that are in nice shape. The five tires are of different
brands, but they have held their air over the past few years.

I have added a stainless steel Tanks fuel tank, although I didn't add a
gauge sender or plumb a fuel line. In fact, the tank has never had any
gas in it, so it could safely be shipped if you wanted to sell it. It
could also safely be welded, or cut, ground or polished because it's
brand new.

The frame itself is in very nice shape. It doesn't seem to have been
repainted, so nothing is hidden. The chassis stamp on the driver's side
is clear and legible. The driver's side frame horn show signs of getting
hit at some point, and I believe this impact affected the drivers side
rail between the radiator and firewall, because the steering wheel angle
sits a little too far to the right. This isn't extreme, but I thought I
should mention everything, warts and all.

My intention was to sort out the car mechanically and then build a body
for it. The body buck I designed is made out of MDF and is included if
you want it. The aluminum panels held in place with Cleco fasteners are
really just for show, but will also be included.

As you can see from the mock-up picture, I also have some nice red
leather seats from a Jaguar that come with the Ford chassis. You could
use them, or resell them to recoup some of your investment. However, the
seats are not bolted down, which you might want to take into
consideration if trailering back home.

The wooden seat riser and simple bead-rolled sheetmetal seat seen in
some pictures have already been sold and are not included in this
auction.

The 20-louver hood sides are as nice as the firewall (although dusty in
the picture here) and are included. The hood top is not so nice
cosmetically, but is solid, and also is included. In one picture there
is a black fiberglass grille surround that is not included; the steel
Brookville is included instead.

Please see:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250172875313[/url]

Thank you very much,