[Land-speed] Bud Ekins passing

Terry guambomb743 at msn.com
Fri Oct 12 09:35:02 MDT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RACE427 at aol.com<mailto:RACE427 at aol.com>
  To: land-speed at autox.team.net<mailto:land-speed at autox.team.net>
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:57 PM
  Subject: [Land-speed] Bud Ekins passing

  Sorry to hear of Bud Ekins death. I met Bud while racing a Triumph in So Cal
in the mid sixties.  I bought parts from his Sherman Oaks  Triumph shop, and
later a vintage bike from his collection. He was a great desert racer. Later,
he did stunt work and also rented vintage m/c's to the studios. After he gave
up the Triumph dealership, he spent most of his time restoring bikes. He had a
big quonset in No. Hollywood full of bikes on multilayered racks. He told
there were about 300. BTW, Bud and his friend, Kenny Howard, aka as Von Dutch
would usually restore one at a time. Typically, 2 to 3 weeks.