[Land-speed] More on Nish ... He'll be back!

Rick Byrnes Rick at RBMotorsports.com
Thu Oct 11 14:42:11 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power at earthlink.net>
> It is unfortunate for the teams that did not reach the goals they set. I
> say this because I will not predict or say to anyone my plans. The salt
> gremlins are very cruel, they listen to every word you say. I do not
> believe they like the words " I'm gonna" at all. We have always taken what
> the salt gives. Our best laid plans go astray at times and we all try to
> reign them in without insulting the salt gods. IMO the best thing to do is
> smile a lot and keep the speed predictions to yourself.

JD
You said it well.
In more recent years, one of my favorite sayings is  "it is what it is"
You can't imagine how nervous I was when Ford announced publicly that the
goal for Fusion 999 was to go more than 200 MPH.  Geez, it took me lots of
seasons to go that fast. (the Merk is still officially faster than the
Fusion though)   :=D
I add my congratulations to those that participated.  There are lots of
lessons we can learn from these guys.

Rick