[Land-speed] FIA report

Dale Krumheuer dmirror3 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 22:24:54 MDT 2007

Congratulations seems to be a gross understatement ! As does awesome. My mind cannot fathom the thrill it must be to be part of such a  group,  event and success.  Amazing buddy,  nothing less than amazing.
Dale Krumheuer
Cleveland Oh

Lsr385 at aol.com wrote: Hi All

I just returned from the FIA and World Finals meets. As some of you may  know
I have been helping Charles Nearburg with the now "Spirit of Rett"
Streamliner (car 1122). I have worked with Earl since he purchased the car from  Howard.

We made 9 passes, 8 over 300 MPH, set the A gas and A fuel record in one  day
(350 and 348 MPH) and backed the whole deal up with an FIA record at 360
MPH. (375 mph one way).

I cannot explain the thrill of pushing the car off from floating mountain
towards highway 80 to what was to be a 369 flying mile average. Being able to
chase at 110 mph in my old Dodge was cool too. We serviced the car in about 30
minutes to send it back the other way.

There are too many people to thank in a short email, but needless to  say the
car arrived from Charles' shop extremely well prepared.

I do want to say one big thanks--to Mike Cook for his  support and for all he
does for all the Land Speed  community.

Tom Stewart

dmirror3 at yahoo.com

Land-speed mailing list

  The problem is not that the world is full of fools...it's that lightning is not distributed properly

Samuel Clemens