[Land-speed] John Force car

don thigpen piggy at accessatc.net
Mon Oct 8 15:47:53 MDT 2007

ed there is an article on wikipedia about it  lol , i just got the link
wrong as usual ( i aint the brightest bulb in the pack )
as for chrome moly tubing , when i built my drag truck the factor that
convinced me to not use it is the fact that welds need to be stress relieved
( usually ) and i aint that smart . for the average builder it is prudent to
just use mild steel as the weight savings from using the thinner chrome moly
is not that great .
if i were to build an aircraft ( which i aint ) then i would probably learn
how to use the lighter chrome moly tubing .
i dont think the weight savings is THAT big an advantage in a lsr vehicle ,
weight is king in a drag car !

don t.