[Land-speed] John Force car

DougOdom dlodom at charter.net
Fri Oct 5 17:36:17 MDT 2007

Bill Bennett wrote:

> He released a statement yesterday that Ashely would not be driving
> this weekend. They have concentrated all their efforts in Robert's car
> since he is in the points battle. Will be interesting to see what
> changes they have done to the car for this weekend.
> Bill
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "DougOdom" <dlodom at charter.net>

Bill, I started this thread for the people that are building a car out
of chrome moly tubing. In all the race cars I have built ( over 20 ) I
have never used chrome moly so I know very little about working with it.
I have a good friend that builds super modifieds. Of course they are
made with c/m tubing. Another good friend is a crew chief on a funny
car. From what I understand there has been a real  hassle among funny
car builders about heat treating or normalizing c/m. Because of money,
politics and ego's I don't know if the truth will ever come out from
NHRA. So I would dig very deep into why Johns car broke on my own if I
was going to use c/m.
 Lets just say I was not a bit surprised John will not have Ashely drive
one of her cars this weekend.
Not trying to start trouble, just a heads up.         Doug Odom in big ditch