[Land-speed] Screen

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:01:34 MDT 2007

On Sep 29, 2007, at 1:03 PM, bobbyhotrods at comcast.net wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen a puny filter or screen on an intake for a
> turbo? My deal's really pretty tight, with the intake facing the
> block only about an 1 1/2" away. I should have something there to
> keep at least the larger fasteners from going in. 4" diameter.
> Alternately I'll make something, maybe using foam and a screen. Any
> foam experts out there? Thanks, BJ in Beantown, where the Sox
> finished in front of the Yankees.....

It seems to me that having the intake that close to the block would
cause problems with heated intake. I'm not an expert on anything
except that even the smallest bits of foreign matter getting into
your turbo will potentially destroy your turbo. I would suggest a
real air filter if at all possible.

~Jon